Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Independence

As discussed in my previous blog posts, my internship schedule and arrangement is rather unconventional. I'm not technically working from the office and only need to check in with the regulated parties every now and then. It's very similar to working as a 'freelancer'. I have found that it actually works so much better for my current lifestyle. Am able to work the required job from different places and also at any time of the day. Independence is the main key here.

Probably by now, you'll recognise my blog posts by my overflowed work plate rants. But in this blog post, I want to make sure that all of these 'rants' were actually very useful for me to realise a very important aspect of my life and that is: I am actually a pretty independent person. Having to juggle a few adult responsibilities at once is not exactly easy - in my opinion anyways. But here I am, four weeks into my internship and juggling two 'full-time jobs'. I am alive and is relatively well. 

Having to work outside the normal working hours and from different places, it is easy to get distracted and the procrastination game is damn strong. However, I found that because I am busy, I stick to my daily plans and schedule a lot more. I am more on track with work. and life. As a 'new adult', I think this following meme is relevant:





Today is a Sunday of the public long weekend - but here I am, writing a blog post and finishing off my final work report for my internship placement, whilst listening to a webinar for work at my beloved rowing club. Long weekend? Holidays? Time off? Huh? What. Even. 

This is the new normal. 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your Internship placement sounds amazing! I think the hardest part about your style of PR is time management. Without having a office desk and someone emailing reminders I think I would have found meeting deadlines something I simply forgot about. Congrats to you for keeping on task! and keeping up those communications on your own merit. Hope you had fun at your internship and learnt that it isn't all that bad in the world of PR!