Sunday, November 13, 2016

On a better ground...

After the all the bad experience I got with my previous internship I decided to do my internship at my work. I know the fact that this is too safe to do my internship however I believe that I will gain more doing my internship in Perth Racing. I work with them for 3 years and learnt a lot of thing in how to run events and functions. 

Laura Formby is our current Event and Function Manager. She has heaps of experiences in the field of event management and works at bigger event venues such as Perth Convention Centre, NIB Stadium, Domain Stadium, etc. She assigned me to be an Event and Function supervisor due to my work experiences with the organisation.

I have mix emotions of it as that’s a lot of commitment involve with managing event or function. I was excited about the job role as event managing is my passion but bit scared due to all the things I need to do to make sure the event run smoothly and address issues once occur. However, Laura trusts on my knowledge and skills that I can do. She added that I have a good customer relations skill as I demonstrate it to the clubs VIP members. 

Building a good relationship with clienteles is very important to event management. In my experience, this relationship contributes effective problem-solving and customer satisfaction. This understanding builds through time and acknowledging clienteles preference. This can achieve through observation, trends, face-to-face communication and past experiences. It amazes me that I personally did not recognise that I was building this good relationship with our clienteles. 


It's a good feeling that I have this placement with the company that I'm working with for 3 years. I feel more empower and acknowledged by the management and will not treat like a kid that do not know anything in life.  




No comments: