Friday, September 30, 2016

Experience brings knowledge .. And knowledge is wisdom!

Moving on to the second week ..

As the term itself says, Public Relations is about engaging with the public, maintaining a proper communication with the purpose of protecting the reputation of a company. On my second week at Sunset Holidays Ltd, I was assigned a task as a communication officer, holding on to the basic principles of Public Relations, that is, to connect with a certain group of people, in this case, a religious group in order to prepare a complete holiday package for them. The group will be attending a conference in Singapore next year and my first task was to communicate with them via telephone calls and emails to get an idea of what type of hotels and activities they would be pleased with.

After receiving enough information, I started planning the package using Google Map, finding a number of hotels located nearby Trinity Christian Centre where the conference will be held as well as their contact details and addresses by visiting their official websites. I then contacted these hotels to get necessary information such as tariffs and availability for a particular period of time. I finally came up with two hotels which seemed to be more compatible with the requirements of the clients at affordable prices; Aqueen Hotel Paya Lebar and Hotel Ibis Styles on MacPherson as a contingency plan. I successfully convinced and confirmed these two hotels with the group.

Once the hotels were decided, I now had to look for tourists attractions in the area which the religious group could possibly appreciate. Again, I had to store their contact details and connect with them as soon as possible to note if they require any entry or extra fees. Good news! Most of them didn’t!

After all the endeavours and approaches, I now found easiness in interaction with clients which I believe is one of the most significant qualities a PR person needs.
Delighted, but still not completed!

Last year's conference at Trinity Christian Centre, Singapore.


No comments: