Friday, September 30, 2016

My Favourite Assignments

Blog 3: My Favourite Assignments

My previous blogs have touched on some of the assignments I worked on throughout my placement, but I wanted to dedicate a blog to my favourite projects that were a great experience and I am really proud of.

1.     Working on a live TV broadcast segment
When my supervisor mentioned I would be assisting her with a live TV broadcast I was extremely excited but also quite nervous as it was a completely new experience for me. The segment was to be broadcasted on the first day of Comic Con, through one of the biggest TV stations. The aim of the segment was to promote FLOAT being open to the public throughout Comic Con, featuring Comic Con – inspired cocktails designed by the hotels partner Snake Oil Cocktail Company. My role in this project was to create a memorandum for the people involved to ensure that everyone was informed of what was required of them on the day. On the day of the segment, I had to be at the hotel form 6am and assisted in getting all the props ready. A valuable part of this experience was that my supervisor was part of the live segment, acting as the spokesperson for the hotel.

2.     Writing Press Releases
Throughout my studies press releases is something that I became quite familiar with, I felt reasonably comfortable writing the press releases. A topic that I really enjoyed writing about was WAX, which is a new amenity program that the hotel was set to introduce shortly after I left. The program offers guests the choice to rent a vinyl player for the duration of their stay that comes with a playlist of records, hand picked by the hotels vibe manager. I was really proud of this piece of writing and felt that it was a great project to finish up my internship with.

3.     Creating an e-blast
Creating an e-blast to be published on the hotels website was one of the first projects for my internship, I really enjoyed it as it allowed me to be super creative and put some of my pop culture knowledge to use. The aim of the quiz was to promote Snake Oil Cocktail Company, who are partners with the hotel with their cocktails featured at the hotels bars. This quiz was an interactive and quirky way of promoting the drink and engaging with the audience. The following link is the finished product, published on the hotels website.



No comments: