Thursday, September 22, 2016

Experience overload, but on the whole. . . . Amazing

 “If someone offers you an amazing opportunity and you are not sure you can do it, say yes – then learn how to do it later.”
Richard Branson

Hello All,

         This is my first blog entry and I am pleased to share my experience with you all. My internship is at VLH LTD Heritage the Villa, a hospitality industry situated in the south of Mauritius. Villas Valriche is a secure, elegant and well planned community situated in a natural atmosphere surrounded by vast unspoiled and protected nature reserve. It is a multi-award winning resort created by the Rodgers Group, one of the country’s largest listed companies with substantial high leisure and tourism interests.



Before starting my internship, I had  some objectives, I wanted to achieve. As I knew, that would demand lots of hard work from me as I am a timid girl and it would be a totally new environment for me.

The objectives are:

·         - To enhance self-confidence, communication and inter-personal skills
·         - To learn about management skills to run the organization
·        -  To gain practical experience of the theory done in class
·         - To co- operate and work in group

For the past days, I was placed at the reception and Guest Relation. This incredible Hospitality Industry connects with a wide range of Individuals. I did not believe that I learnt so much in so little time. I had the chance to be part of an incredible team. I was given the chance to take phone calls, doing arrivals and departures of the clients and attend everyday meetings with the staffs and the front office manger to discuss about the issues and what could be improved. And, also I was able to learn and witness how this leading industry operates and handles their clients and events from the beginning till the end.

It was awesome as it gave me the chance to increase my knowledge on different aspects of communication learned during my course. Also, it opened up to me a new language, new skills and new people – I would not have changed a thing.



My name pin for the internship!

I am having the experience of my life. Every day is a challenge and a gift.

Hope you enjoyed reading my post and best of luck for your placement. Do your best as it might be your career interest; you have a 7 in 10 chance of being hired by the company you have your internship with!

Looking forward to reading your posts! :)





No comments: