Thursday, September 29, 2016

First week as Social Media Officer: "I am Instrumental" !

The start of my internship reminded me of my crisis management skills. During the two crisis simulations I’ve undertaken in class, I always wanted to be the social media officer, keeping online reputation up to date but this position was always taken by someone else. Well, my first days at Sunset Holidays Ltd enabled me to be a real social media officer for a real organisation. What else do I wish for!

I was assigned to write promotional posts, including photos and videos of activities and services granted by the organisation on its official website allowing me to demonstrate my creativity as a PR student. What was one of most enjoyable tasks was the response from customers who showed interest in the activities only a few hours after posting, which I found surprising yet, reassuring. Updating the website and informing social media users about it through statuses, photos and sharing allowed me to interact with existing and future clients on a daily basis with the eventual aim of changing fans into clients.

I believe the idea to renovate the official website is a step towards organizational development that would improve content and promote them through social advertising. Bearing in mind the crucial purpose of revealing the company’s image in a positive, genuine way, I tried my best to attract as many modern internet users as possible and my effort was paid off as the reactions of clients were positive.

Due to high number of queries and booking from clients, I was also taught to fill in booking forms which was quite thought-provoking.

Screenshot of Promotional Posts on Sunset Holidays Ltd's Official Website
See more: http://sunsetholidays.biz/






No comments: