Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Introducing the basics before all!

Hi everyone :)

I am Fiona, 22 years old student at Charles Telfair Institute undertaking a Bachelor of Art in Mass Communications (Public Relations). After my French baccalaureate I started at Charles Telfair with a foundation semester specializing in humanities and I am as at today almost done with my degree, I am actually doing my 1st semester of my 3rd and last year of study. 
For the PR Internship module of this semester we are required to complete at least a 20 days internship in the PR field in order to help us understand and see what PR practice is really about on a daily basis with professionals.  
In fact I will be keeping this blog in order to share several moments of my internship experience. After sending my CV and motivation letter to different PR companies for an internship request, Imagine communication picked up my application and contacted me for an interview.
The interview was done in different parts: a part in English and a part in French , an oral and a written part, questions about the local and international news, some technical questions about the PR field, transcriptions from French to English and one from English to French, as well as some personal questions about us and the company. And then 3 days later my supervisor emailed me to tell me that my application has been retain. As I am not doing my first internship, I should feel totally at ease going back to the working world, therefore there is still a little apprehension. Thus i look forward to work with new people, also discover and learn from them through their different ways of working, thinking and point of views. I positively trust that everything will be fine on my first day as well as on the 19 other days. As an advantage and a positive point, Sophie a friend of mine also following the same course in Public Relations will be doing her internship at Imagine communication at the same time.
Keep posted! Upcoming post to keep you up to date on my experience !

No comments: