Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Practice is much more important than theory

The first week/adaptation week is over, now it's all about work, work, work...

Once, i am at the office my first duty is always the same; Press review! I need to crosscheck each and every newspaper which are being delivered to the office every morning. Every articles that involve Medine or is related to the same field of activities of Medine; property development, agriculture, Education, Leisure need to be scanned and uploaded on the intranet on the news section.


Another task that i get the chance to do during my days there, is to keep up to date and draft small text for their intranet. They got a really good and up to date intranet portal for all of their employees. Medine gives much importance to internal communication as they believe that their staff acts as an ambassador towards other stakeholders and that Internal communication strengthen the organisational culture and create a feeling of commitment among the staff.

Something new that i get the chance to do during my time at Medine is about drafting a plan on my own . It was a communication plan to introduce to employees the new benefit card that medine wanted to make. It something new, and i had to think creatively and tactically to come up with a worth plan. After a lot of research i was able to come up with a good plan that my supervisor appreciated and even decided to follow. The only issue with my plan was that i did not include a timeline to guide the process. Though sometime i miss one little thing here and there, what's great is that i get to know where my errors are and to correct myself.

I won't listing all of works there, that will i think be kind of boring for you guys to read all this, so i've wrote about two of my main duties.
However, what i really want to highlight is that, before undertaking this internship i did not really thought about how this could really benefit to me but now i can say though, i have not finished my 20 days that internship is a really great way to learn about your limitations and improve your skills.
And yeah, now i can say Practice is much more important than theory!! Xx

 

No comments: