Saturday, September 24, 2016

New experience : Grow and adapt quickly.


During my first week as an Intern at Move for Art, an event organisation renown in contemporary cultural and street festivals, I have learned to adapt myself to an event management environment where employees are always on the rush to meet their deadlines.
The organisation’s goal is to work hand in hand to promote a productive body to achieve tasks that assemble various functions of digital communication, marketing and distribution strategies in order to build and deliver their events professionally.

Obviously the internship is a new experience for me as it has helped me come across the multiple challenges in a working environment ;work pressure and a stressful environment. The various weaknesses I may face would definitely be a lack in experience in the event domain industry tied with concerns towards effective communication at first in the organisation as each individuals have hectic schedules.

However due to my tertiary education background it allows me to have the opportunity to execute the various theories and methods of communications at my work placement and it is a life time experience as it will emancipate one’s ability to leave its comfort zone and quickly acquire a very fruitful experience as far as a university student’s typical life routine is concerned.

Break an old pattern  =  Start a new habit
       
- Robin Sharma

During the starting days at Move for Art I was asked to help my project manager ,who is my supervisor, in planning and implementing a distribution strategy and was also assigned to reformat distribution mails for a marketing and communication purpose on behalf of the organisation.

By having a wide experience hopefully during my placement this will certainly help me in my approach towards finding a quick and effective response to daily working tasks and issues.As an intern it is also very important to be able to learn from prior mistakes as you will face difficulties at multiple times but  remember practice makes perfect. 

At times I found myself into situations where I was not active as I was by myself but the solution to this is to be able to move forward and make the next step towards the people in the organisation.Ask questions! As much as you can.

Remember we are still studying and the internship will only add value to your studies at the end.

No comments: