Monday, October 10, 2016

Being published in the Australian Financial Review

I had a great opportunity the other day at my placement to see a different side of PR and to write some articles for a technology focused magazine that will be inserted inside the Australian Financial Review! Very exciting stuff for me. I haven’t done a lot of writing at my placement so far, mostly just in the sense of media releases but not actual journalistic articles so it was a great opportunity for me to try something new. It was also great because the National Head of Investor Relations was the one who offered me the opportunity, so it was great working with someone with a lot of influence and experience.

I wrote two articles, one about a local West Perth based company who won the National Innovation Award at the 2016 iAWARDS for technological innovation in their field and nationwide, and the second article was about a programme being run down at Sacred Heart College regarding the “Just Start IT” programme that immerses students in a hands on environment where they design their own programme/app and the winning team has the opportunity to work alongside a tech company who assists them in developing the software and bringing the programme to life.


The Australian Financial Review is distributed to over 65,000 organisations nationwide so it’s actually so crazy to think that my articles with my by-line will be published in there for people all over Australia to read. I mean, I’m just an intern after all! It was a really great experience and learning opportunity for me and definitely one of the most exciting things I’ve done at my placement thus far and I’m really excited to get to see my words in print!


Holly Armstrong
18022908
Curtin University, Bentley

No comments: