Monday, October 24, 2016

Second month and...still on track!


Hello everyone, 

To start with, in week 5 I felt as though I was finally officially part of the organization as I was working very close with my supervisor and helped her in her daily tasks.

Week 6 was the most productive. My supervisor trusted me enough to give me some press releases to write and I really enjoyed this as I have never done this outside of my PR classes. However, this was serious and I was given a deadline to submit my works, so even if at the end I enjoyed it, it remained quite challenging.

In week 7 we were getting quite busy, with the company working hard towards the promotion of a new “fundraising night” whereby 300 local businesses have joined under the association “Mauritius for Chennai”, to collect funds for the victims of the last catastrophic floods in Chennai.

Week 8, with the fundraising event over, the interns, including myself, were in charge of the media monitoring of the past event. We were also responsible to call each media outlet to find out whether there will be a coming coverage about the event.

In summary, my second month was full of new challenges and I was so busy that the 6 working hours seemed to be going really fast I did not even get time to get bored. I always had some work waiting. 

I will conclude with the following quote:



Best regards,

Melisa

No comments: