Thursday, October 13, 2016

The experience continues..!

Hello all,

So here I am again with my second blog post to share my experience that I have acquired up to now at DHL Global Forwarding.  Being a PR Intern has been really enriching until now.
I am now acquainted to everyone and the manager allows me to do much of the workload on my own following my one week training.  I am now able to communicate effectively with clients and deal with their issues with the help of my sales executive.  I have learned that being in the public relations domain is a really delicate job as you are responsible for a good projection of the company's image in the eyes of clients.
One unsatisfied customer can create a whole chain of unsatisfied customers in turn if they are not taken good care of or no remedy to their problem has been found.  It is therefore of foremost importance to take into account the needs and wants of every specific client so that they project a good image of the company to other people thereby creating market (refer to other clients).
My first two weeks has really helped me in understanding the public relations aspect of a company and how it acts as the backbone of the organisation.  I learned and still learning a lot about the whole area of PR in an organisation
For DHL, its main stakeholders does not only involve its clients but also the airline and sea freight companies, the government which implies the MRA (Mauritius Revenue Authority), amongst others.  It is wise to maintain a good relationship with all of the stakeholders to ensure no mishaps in business activities.
I am glad to be part of the big DHL family and my experience just gets better day to day.


So here it is about my experience in the real job market and I am really delighted to be able to intern at DHL as a Curtin Student.  I am looking forward to reading to your blogs as well.  Good luck with the ongoing experience and hope it will be of great help in your future.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello

Indeed, Public Relations domain is a really delicate job as you are responsible for a good projection of the company's image in the eyes of clients.But, it also helps you to expand your knowledge on how thing work in the real world. You come to know about the different types of people that exist and also the most difficult part how to handle those angry clients. Wish you good luck with your internship :)