Thursday, November 10, 2016

Third blog post


The first project, which I have worked on, was the South African Horseracing Industry’s meeting, which sponsored The Princess Margaret Cup, a semi-classic race. I had to verify the contracts of the sponsors, whether they paid the amount, which they had to pay when they signed the contract for them to be given the naming rights of the races and I also had to verify the invoices whether the sponsors who already made the payments had an invoice and for those sponsors which already made the payments but did not have an invoice, an invoice had to be issued to them. I never knew that the MTC had to do all this, I never even though about it. I did not know that there was all this to do behind the organisation of horseraces. To be frank, I was a little surprised when I knew that the Communication and Events and Marketing department of the Mauritius Turf Club had to do all this, I never thought of it from that angle, I have always looked at the MTC as a horseracing organiser which has got to do more with racing related stuffs than these marketing tasks.

No comments: