Sunday, September 18, 2016

My interning journey...

An internship is a chance to test drive a vocation without making any genuine commitments. It is an opportunity to see what it might truly be like to work in an organization, and whether I am a great fit.




While serving my internship at Caritas Ile Maurice, a non-governmental organisation, I gained firsthand bits of knowledge into how precisely a PR person functions. I am happy that I picked a smaller organisation, since I was given a ton of work, which I especially appreciated, and I had the opportunity to learn a lot alone and with the supervision of the group. Doing my internship in a smaller instead of a bigger organisation, has permitted me to go up against more commitments, be in more intimate contact with customers and build up a set of vital PR.

My temporary job at Caritas helps upgrading my professional confidence, while permitting me to go behind-the-scenes. By interning, I have defied and overcame ‘the apprehension of the unknown’ that I had about what it resembled to work and to carry myself in a professional milieu. By cooperating with others, I have the lucky chance to evolve into a better communicator.

All those stating that the first intern day is inactive, trust me it does not take long for my workplace to get occupied. I have learned the right way on how to be proactive. It was my duty to learn much more on the NGO as much as I can and to do more than ‘just my job.’

To end my first blog entry, I would like to reflect on something somebody told me. One of my friends asked me whether what I am doing in my internship is profiting me the way I believe it would. The inquiry made me understand that I am gaining much more than I thought I would, not just in light of the fact that I am implementing the theories that I have learned in my PR unit, but simply because emailing people, making phone calls, writing press releases and working on an event give me an insight of the administrative side of the NGO.

I hope everybody finishing their internship is having an astounding knowledge and is benefiting as much as possible from the valuable time they have. I am so eager to see what the following couple of weeks hold for me at Caritas.

Thank you for your reading time and good luck for your internships!

Anne-Sophie Laval
Charles Telfair Institute, Mauritius.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is great that you are having lot of knowledge in your internship. Well, this is also benefiting me in a point that we are gaining more experiences about professionalism in the real atmosphere of job market. This is great to know that you are enjoying everything assigned to you at work and taking it as a challenge to move forward in your internship. Best of luck!