It is my third last week at the City of Fremantle, and I'm still loving doing work experience here. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants further work experience or ANY work experience in PR/Marketing to try out this organisation! So far, I've completed a business newsletter and a communications plan which has been approved by my department (Economic Development & Marketing) and is being passed on to the Mayor & CEO for approval. We had a meeting today to discuss other projects I will be working on in the next few weeks- these include an update of the business section of the Fremantle website, starting on an information kit (one of the strategies I came up with for the communications plan), and maybe writing a media release if I get time. Today I've been working on the website, and have just finalised the content. Now, its onto gathering some pictures and contact details from the staff so I can do up the staff section.
I'll keep you updated on how the webpage turns out!
Hope you're all enjoying your work experience placements.
Fernanda
1 comment:
Thank you for your insight into working for the City of Fremantle, Fernanda.
This is a classic example of a very valuable – and enjoyable – placement, in an organisation that does not even have a PR department. Don’t you find it amazing how much work you ended up doing that clearly should be the responsibly of a public relations practitioner – but there isn’t one to be seen….
Particularly in government you will find that there are many different titles and position descriptions that predominantly fall into the PR domain – but are simply not labelled as such. For example, many “project officers” are in fact looking after communication projects. Often this is due to funding, and only a limited number of marketing/communications positions having been approved. So think outside the box when you start looking for jobs!
It’s great to read that you are having such a brilliant time Fernanda!
Post a Comment