Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Corporate events

I am beginning to get really comfortable with the formula that comes with working here and specifically with working in professional services. I am at the tail end of my 20 days and I am really enjoying having been able to slot in with the running order of things around here. I have learnt to delegate, grit my teeth and get on with it, smile when somthing goes wrong and think on my feet. I have made up thousands of name tags, put together numerous function rooms and catering orders but i am now a complete pro at assembling information packs for clients. i love this concept it is effective as it gets our brand across and is not costly and is something substantial that all clients and guests walk out of the door with. the last two functions have been seminars and have needed business cards, informationon services, copies of the presentation being given a booklet on the current climate issues and notebook and pen. i feel like i always talk about my booklets but these are super effective in getting our brand, our services and our name out there.

Professional services has been a real eyeopener. there is loads of admin, loads more events then i would ever have imagined and so much relies on the professional approach by the individual as they all make up the bigger picture. this is a large firm yet each person directly contributes to the image of the company. legal servcies is an interesting area to work in from a PR perspective as clients are directly sourced by the lawyers and partners themselves. My role is not so much actively getting them here but maintaing them as clients. Having said that though there is still a large amount of work that is directly client and PR related!!

1 comment:

wendy said...

Hi, I'm Wendy and I was also considered as the -event admin- girl in my organisation. I didn't know that a simple event could be that complicated and there is no such perfect event, one small problem could occur anytime in the event. but, organising event is fun !