Saturday, May 10, 2008

Get ready for every minute

I think for a PR person, preparation is very important for them. Because you will never know what kind of problem will happen next, and what kind of client you will work with next. It sounds interesting, but hard to get. So you need to get ready for every minute.

The first thing I learnt from my boss is you need to schedule your daily life very detailed. In the beginning I don’t understand why I should write down all the dates, all the tasks. Because I think I can remember them all. But I think wrongly. And I told myself that I need a dairy. Write down all the dates and all the tasks. Such as which day I met my client, which day I need to contact the media and sponsor, which similar event will be held in this month, etc. and I suddenly find that I need to do many things after I get my dairy.

On the other hand, I also learnt how to talk to different in different ways. Because I am asking others to help me do the things, so learning communication skill is very important. Sometimes it will lead you to get successful. And also when I was meeting my client with my boss, I also learnt that I need to ask the client question as much as I can when you meeting with them. Because the client may not have time to meet you again or to answer you call. So listen carefully and asking details will help you do the PR job better.

There is one tip my boss taught. It is better to arrange the meeting time in the morning, because you can have more time to think about the PR proposal. You will become more competitive. My life become more interesting and a little bit stress. But I think it is a good thing for me. People are learning from hard ways. But at least you can learn faster and more effectively.

No comments: