Hello everyone,
I'm on my last couple of days of work placement with Natalie Cameron at NRC communications and I'm actually not looking forward to the end like I thought I would be. Last wednesday night Nat invited me to be her guest at the re-opening of the new Kookai store on King St. This was very exciting for me as it was one of the first VIP sort of events I had been too and it meant she actually likes me as someone outside of work.
After the party, we headed over to the Playhouse for the opening night of 'The Club' which is the play that we have been doing publicity work for (yay 2 openings in one night). As she was coming back the following night to watch the show, Natalie left me to represent the consultancy and chat with the media and several news presenters. I sat next to Dixie Marshall during the play which was cool and had to organise photo's for the local papers during the intermission and afterwards.
I've really enjoyed seeing the publicity side of Public Relations but I feel like I've done enough of this type of work and are keen to see the other facets of the industry. Nat has offered me paid work when I finish up: showing previews for the media which is going to be great, getting paid to watch movies. Working for someone who I feel comfortable with has allowed me to work to my full potential, so I'm really glad I've had this experience.
Now I just have to write my report.... bye for now. A
3 comments:
Congratulations Amanda - on a successful opening, the end of your placement AND the job offer!
You have definitely experienced a very different aspect of PR than many of your fellow PR393 students. You must have piles of works samples and media clippings for your portfolio by now. Good work.
Hey Amanda,
Your placement sounds amazing! I'm very jealous actually, you're so lucky :) hope you keep enjoying the work there
Hi Amanda,
I agree with the others, your placement sounds like it was a great opportunity and congrats on the job offer!! Good luck with everything
Post a Comment