This week was as exciting as they come for any avid Western Australian rugby fan, the Force got up in a thriller at Subiaco, two Western Australian players made their first appearances, and the resident 'Chewbacca' David Pusey shaved his head and beard (which had been growing for some months) for the Prostate Cancer Foundation exceeding the $10,000 originally planned raising over $18,000.
In other news though, in the last few weeks I have written for our match previews, newsletters and helped out with match-day programs, all of which can be seen on our humble website (http://www.westernforce.com/). It's not got long to go now until I've finished my placement, so I've asked my supervisors if I could have a crack at some more tasks including writing for a media release, so watch this space.
We are still the slightest of finals chances, so work could hopefully spill over into the Super 14 finals series and maybe just maybe there might be more news of success for Autralia's newest rugby team, I think I'll wrap it up here though, it's been hard trying to type with my fingers crossed.
2 comments:
Fantastic work, Byron!
Did you turn the head and beard shaving into a photo opportunity? - If you have any media coverage, it would be fantastic if you could post it (or a link) here for other students to look at.
Good luck with the finals! I reckon Australia's newest rugby team truly deserves a go at it this year!
WOW! your placement sounds really exciting. I'm also interested in getting into sport and PR. Is this the area you wish to focus on in the future?
I'm not much of rugby fan (mainly as I don't understand the rules), but I know that many Force fans were stoked to see their team get up. Now if only the eagles could do the same...
Good luck with the writing of media releases. Just think back to PR Media and you will be right!
Post a Comment