Sunday, May 25, 2008

Swan Districts Football Club-The Last Week.

Hi Everyone!

During my last week at SDFC I continued on with tasks such as completing the club newsletter and smaller versions of the newsletter which I tailored to suit different stakeholders. I also completed my third grant application to Australia Post after already applying for grants and sponsorhip from Woolworths and Commonwealth Bank.

An exciting part of the week was finiding out that I had one of my match reports posted on the WAFL website. I really enjoyed writing the match reports and it was great to see it on an official website other than the SDFC website.

The most time consuming and challenging part of the week was completing the grant application as it required a great deal more information than the other applications I had filled out. I had to go into much detail to explain the program SDFC is trying to establish and therefore I really needed to use a lot of the PR skills I had learnt at university. I had to include details of how long the program would run for, what we hoped to achieve, who would be affected by it, how we would measure its success etc. It eventually ended up in a report style format and I was relieved to get it finished!

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at SDFC and would recommend it to anyone looking for an internship or experience in the future. The staff were all lovely to work with and I really feel as though I learnt more in the 21 days at the club than in my whole university career.

Nothing beats experience and I never realised just how important it was until participating in this unit.

Best of luck to you all when writing your reports!

Thanks,

Carly

No comments: