Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Events

I am currently completing my PR 393 hours at the Fremantle Football Club in their events department. I began my work experience hours early so that I could get a feel for the organisation prior to committing all of my hours. I have been enjoying it there so much and the experience has been great. I have worked for the Fremantle Football Club:
  •  In their corporate rooms on game days assisting corporate clients and the overall running of the events
  • At the Carlton Mid Annual Auction hosted at the Burswood grand ballroom
  • At their Family Fun day hosted at Adventure World
  • At their annual Carlton Mid Derby Luncheon hosted at the Convention Centre
As you can probably understand working at these events has been very exciting but the information and experience has been invaluable. I now know my way around some key venues in Perth including Subiaco, Burswood Ballrooms and The Convention Centre. The experience I have gained especially in the extreme detailed required for event run sheets and staff duties has been very helpful in regards to event management. 

I have also been given so many opportunities to network with working professionals throughout these events. I have had the opportunity to build relationships with important clients and sponsors of the club especially on game days and a highlight of my duties has included escorting VIP's of the club around Subiaco.

I was also given a great writing opportunity by the club as I was approached by the sponsorship department to prepare a proposal for the awards for the Australian Marketing Institute. The club has entered their Community Development Programme into the category of Corporate Social Responsibility. This all happened very fast for me as one moment I was in the office with the General Manager of Strategic Partners being asked to write the submission and within the next hour I was hosting a meeting in the club's board room with 7 sponsorship executives and the general manager. The experience was incredibly rewarding and I really think that the club's hard work will pay of and win them recognition at the AMI Awards. The awards are announced in September and the finals in August and hosted in Sydney, I will keep everyone posted as to the outcome of these awards.

This is probably enough to start with on my progress and to set a bit of a background, but I will keep updating everyone on any issues or highlights.I haven't currently experienced any major issues however im sure as time goes on I will have some wisdom to impart. Please feel free to ask any questions regarding my experience, Im happy to help out!

Best of luck with your experience!

Holly :)



1 comment:

nikkiahewston said...

Sounds awsome holly! good luck when the crisis come rolling in! Although im sure your in a better position there than someone working for west coast at the moment!! Enjoy :)