Hi
My internship in Japan has ended and I'm back in Perth!
For this entry, I'm going to write about a PR event that the organisation does in September.
I involved in preparing and making flyers and booklets for it.
The main purpose of the event is to increase awareness of ChildLine Japan which is a helpline for children up to 18years old.
The organisation I did intern runs the ChildLine OSAKA and it holds an exhibition of wooden plaques with messages and pictures to children from various Japanese actors, singers, writers and so on.
I found this exhibition is really interesting and a good method to increase awareness.
Not only because it involves famous stars, but also i liked the way they plan this.
It was really a low cost exhibition with a lot of voluntary people's help.
For example, the venue is a really nice place and it usually costs a lot to hire,
but because they understand our concept and know our staff well, it was free!
I really understood how important the relationship with people is..
In terms of making flyers and booklets, I tried to attract both children and parents using a lot of illustrations. I had a chance to ask questions and get feedbacks from a professional of making flyers and advertisements from another organisation in the same building.
Again, I learned so many things from making one flyer!!
I'll update some more soon!
2 comments:
How I wish I could intern in Japan as well. The experience you gained must be wonderful. By reading your post, I have already been attracted and eager to work there. Very interesting!!
Hi Fumiko,
Your intership sounds fantastic!
What a great experience!!!
It sounds like you learnt a lot and like you said even if its just one flyer, there is so much to it and especially when your dealing with new adults and family. I guess you would need to be careful with that age group because they're not children but for many of them, they haven't yet experience much of adulthood.
Aren't you glad across the whole of our PR course we have had the chance to practice our writing skills.
Especially in PR200 like Andrea said. The unit definately helped us grasp our writing skills and if you had lots of illustrations i'm sure you had to work with other professionals like graphic designers etc. Especially when you're in Japan, I'm not sure how work is there and like in the International PR unit; there is a lot of cross cultural aspects of doing your internship there.
Well done, you sound like you have done a great job!!!
Hope you have enjoyed it.
Many wishes for your future career in PR.
Lannie x
Post a Comment