Hi PR393 fellows!
It has been quite a long time that I did not post my blog. I am just so busy with my placement activities. I'm currently in front of my work desk, spending some minutes to post this blog.
Well, I am now heading at the tail end of my placement at Alpha. Which PR393 requires us at least 20 days in placement. Frankly 20 days are nothing, because I’m not only desire to finish it or in a sense, come in the morning and go back with gain nothing until my placement ends. So I extend until 2 months. On the other hands, education never ends, yet many things that I got to learn. However, I am so happy that I gained a lot of things, and got improve of writing skill through my placement.
Frankly I was a bit discouraged when reading everybody’s blog, whereby most of them have experiences and get involved on the event during their placement. And now I need not be jealous anymore, because I had one too heheh
Last week was a busy week for everybody at Alpha Platform to prepare the things that required on two events. Yeah, Finally I got to involve the event at least once through my placement. Although the event was not a very special event, but still I learnt something from there, such as the preparation and step before and after the event.
We arrived 30 minutes earlier before the event held, to set up all the needed and started to register the representatives of media, as well as giving out the media kit to them. All the press with proper suited, prepared their devices, such as notebooks, pen, camera devices, and microphones inside the meeting hall. It was a relieved to see the numbers of media turned up as it meant that we have succeeded creating a mass notice to them.
Caption: Exchange of MoU between Cradle Investment Programme represented by YBhg. Dato’ Sallehuddin Othman (Chairman of CFSB) and TeAM represented by Renuka Sena (Deputy President 1 of TeAM); witnessed Cradle Investment Programme’s CEO Nazrin Hassan and Koh Lee Ching (Honorary Secretary of TeAM)
The event was about collaboration aimed at boosting
One thing that really discouraged me was the venue of the event. Never crossed in my mind that the government company will choose such place, such a horrible place and offered such simply facilities to media. I was not allowed to mention what it was about. The thing is they did not allow us, the agency to choose where the event should take place. Maybe they didn’t have experience on serving others especially media. That is why the event was not covered or release on the print and electronic media. From this experience, I learned how to handle and organize an event from tiny things up to its big picture. Ok then, that is all for this post. Happy reading mates!
Cheers!
SUCIAWITA

1 comment:
Hi Wita!
Well learning never does end and I am glad that you got a chance to experience what it is like during events.
Sometimes, events can be stressful. Unforseen circumstances such as poor media turn out is something that every PR practitioner dreads. I am glad that the media turn out for your event was good!
You made a very good point. Learning is indeed a never ending experience and 20 days is definately not enough to gain exposure of the PR industry. In fact, i felt that my even two months was insuffecient because everyday you learn something new and exciting. You learn about the job and most importantly, you learn about yourself. That I feel is an valuable experience.
Anyways, best of luck to you! Take care and keep in touch :)
Post a Comment