A big hello to everyone!
Today is the last day of my PR393 internship program. It has been 2 months since I started my internship and finally it’s completed. Definitely, I am happy that I have completed my internship program successfully. I have learned a fair amount over these 2 months. It enriched my social experience and let me understand more about the reality working environment.
Definitely, university life is different from working, especially assignment deadline. The deadline is very short. Every time we get a new task, we have to rush it. However, in the university, we have a long deadline to let us prepare our assignment. It is the difference between university and working.
I really enjoyed my times in the office with my colleagues. They are friendly and willingly giving their hands when I need help. I already started missing the times we having lunch in the office. After finished my internship, I am still in contact with my colleagues. Although the time is short, I gained the treasure friendship in office.
In this short period, I have applied my Mass Communication knowledge into my internship. I have communicated with different culture people, writing for document, design production and others. To me, it is a good experience let me practice my skill.
At last, cheer up everyone and hope that what you are experiencing is really fun. Bye bye~~
Yunn Ping
2 comments:
Great to hear that you enjoyed your internship. And yes, i have to agree with you that although there might be some similarities between school and working life in terms of the assignments given. But there are also the practicalities of the working life such as tight deadlines to meet and the pressures to perform, especially if you are representing your school.
Nevertheless, it is still a great working experience and good to hear that your colleagues are smashing! It is crucial to have good and cooperative team mates that you enjoy working with.
Hope there is more to come for you. :)
Hey,
I'd definately agree with you in relation to the difference between the deadlines at uni and in the workforce. I'd have to say thoughI actually enjoy the stricter deadlines at work much more. It gives me a chance to put all of my thoughts into one project and I find my creative thouht really benefits from intense concentration. I also have to say I enjoy the challenge of stricter deadlines. I've always found the uni lifestyle quite easy and for the majority of the time not overtly stressful. I found trying to constantly impress my employer with my speed and thoroughness was quite exciting. One instance saw me given a table of figures done by a company employed by Synergy and my employer asked me to write 3 media releases from the figures. At uni I would of taken my time over a period of weeks, but in the workforce the instentaneous demands on your creative ability really show you what you are capable of. All I cn say is I have really enjoyed pushingmyself to the limit every day and seeing what I can produce.
Post a Comment