Friday, August 1, 2008

Hi again,

I have done 10 days of my internship at Curtin University. I am really excited because I will finish my internship in two weeks. Also, the day of Open Day becomes closer; it means I have to work harder. At this moment, I am making the maps for clubs, market stalls, first aider and fun zone activities. The map will show them where they suppose to go from entrance to their stalls. The map will indicate their place. The maps are still needed to be checked by my supervisor before sending them to the relevant people.

Other than that, I am sending out emails to student volunteers which mentioning about their briefing sessions that will be held next week. Then, I will be organizing student volunteer packs for the volunteers. I will write more about the student volunteer packs when I done this work on the next post.

It is really interesting to know the number of people who want to become volunteer compare to number of student who studying in University. There are only a few people who want to become volunteers. This is might be because most of the students are unaware of Curtin Open Day, even though they are studying at Curtin. As a student, I probably would not know about this event as well, if I am not working as an intern at Curtin.

Do you know about Curtin Open Day? Probably, most of you would not say no for the answer. We think people will know about it but actually they are not. Well, Curtin tries to tell everyone in WA about the event by putting some ads in television, radio and newspaper. I have seen the ad for television and radio that will be air one week and two weeks prior to Open Day in the Open Day meeting yesterday. I feel so different because I have seen the ads before anyone else.

No comments: