Sunday, September 7, 2008

20 Days!

Well I have now officially completed 20 days at Linc Integrated and in the spirit of Katharina words I’m staying on to do some extra days! Previously I have been doing two days a week however from Monday I will be doing one day a week to allow for another student to go in on Fridays.

Over the 20 days I have been there I have had the chance to do some pretty cool and interesting things, like coming up with speakers for events and doing work for a lot of different clients.

Currently I am working on a database for a new client, Compost WA. While this may not seem so exciting or that anyone would be interested I soon found that target audience list had grown to be four pages! Then I have also looked at publications, TV shows and upcoming events that target this list. In the end a very big task and I finally just about finished.

On Friday it was also very interesting to attend a presentation skills workshop which was run by one of the directors. This happens roughly every month with several staff in the office required to give impromptu speeches in the board room, the group then evaluates the speech and goes through the strengths and weaknesses. Friday’s topic was ‘My home town’ and even I got up there and gave a speech! Everyone said I did really well and I was a very confident speaker. I think this is a great way for everyone to practice presenting especially when they are required to give presentations on a regular basis.

I have extremely enjoyed my time at Linc so far and definitely know now that pr is the right job for me!

1 comment:

Kiera said...

Hey dude, that presentation skills workshop sounds like a really great idea. Sounds like you have learned alot over the course of your internship! Hopefully your dedication to doing extra days there will lead to a job op for you. Ill keep my fingers crossed!
xx