Hey guys,
Well, exciting stuff happened today! An article I wrote with my supervisor got used by the WA Business News.
WA Business News is WA’s largest Independent Business Newspaper.
So I'll assume it no one on here reads it! ; )
It publishes articles online and also releases a weekly paper. So fingers crossed it gets through to the print version next week!
The media release took 6 drafts and the end result was a work of art! If I do say so myself! The topic was about how the number of land sales has fallen to its lowest level in March since before the introduction of the GST. I don’t think this is everyone’s cup of tea so I won’t bore you with the details. Instead have a look at the article yourself, if you feel like reading the rest. http://www.wabusinessnews.com.au/en-story.php?/1/66112/Bleak-outlook-for-WA-property-
What was funny was that the release was published almost word for word in the morning but by mid-afternoon I checked again to admire the genius and found that the journalist had taken another release and added it to the original piece. Very interesting! So the bottom half, basically everything after the last quote from Gavan Forster is another release.
What topped off the day was that it was the most viewed article for the day!
We went to boast to the director about my success for my first media release and it was high-fives all round!
So overall very happy! Call it beginners luck but I prefer the word ‘genius!’
Cheers
Dan
1 comment:
Good to hear that you are having success with the media. We use the print version often at my placement as a source of leads for campaigns. This often results in me calling them or googling them for our database. It's great also for its lists section. But watch out for the cover price it's $5, despite being full of ads, and is pretty thin.
Post a Comment