Monday, September 29, 2008

Corporate Relations at Austrade

Hey Guys this is my second post coming from my work experience with the Australian Trade commission. Last week i was working closely with the Auditing Sector of Austrade. I thought that it would helpful for myself to try and get as much exposure as possible whilst I am here, even if the sector does not necessarily deal directly with public relations. What I did eventually realise was that even the accounting division will dip its hands in some sort of corporate relations indirectly so it was definitely worthwhile exposure for me.

Austrade's Mission Statement is 'Helping Australians do Business around the world'. So they have an Exports grants scheme that seeks to encourage businesses to expand and target markets around the world. The scheme aims to reimburse Australian companies for expenses incurred overseas regarding marketing and development. What I found most relevant to PR in the auditing sector was Corporate Relations. This involved the building of relationships between Austrade and the relevant companies involved with the grants scheme. The building and maintenance of these relationships is what ensured that the relevant stakeholders are satisfied with the service offered my Austrade. This involves constant and honest communication between both parties. Even creating awarness to potential businesses is another aspect of corporate relations.

Well I hope i didnt bore you too much but I believe that is all relevant and usefull stuff. In the coming week we will be looking to do a bit of work for Ruth Tarvydas. A Perth based Fashion Guru who has dress the likes of Rihanna and a whole heap of celebs! A very intimidating task! watch this Space! cheers

Lee-Michael

No comments: