Let me pen down my experience working with Eternity Publishing, the organisation which manages dream "n" achieve as well as where2go magazines.
DNA magazine is meant for young readers and is dedicated to the educational industry in Singapore. It came to us one fine day for advertising opportunities. Though skeptical about its response, my management decided to go ahead with a full page advertisement which turned out to be less than pretty!!! It was a haphazard work done by them (OBVIOUSLY) and one huge mistake they made was to leave out our school's name in their list of distribution outlets.
Naturally we were displeased thus they offered us a one page advertisement/article for the next issue. I told my boss that we should do an article instead of an advertisement for greater information retention and so I was tasked for this!
I thought a psychology-focused topic would be more attention grabbing than business related topics so I skewed it for one of my insitutions, Centre for Applied Psychological Studies. I chose a focus on anger management and went ahead with my research and copy writing and well, it was a great experience afterall!! (I learnt a little about managing anger, really!) It was quite a race against time because I had to send it to my management for approval. Then there's proof reading followed by a search for a suitable picture. Colours had to be right, placement had to be well planned etc.
1 comment:
Hi Jacq, it was very wise of you to decide on the article instead of running an advertisement. I am sure that the article you wrote on anger management was the fruit of all your research and hard work.
I understand that Psychology is an upcoming course in Singapore. However, how much do we know about the theories and methodologies used in Psychology? I am sure the audience will have a better view of the course after reading the article compared to an advertisement that sends out the usual message about the institute.
Good luck at your placement!
Post a Comment