My internship is almost coming to an end but there are no signs of anything slowing down. Maybe it’s because this is my full-time day job after all. But something tells me that even if this stint had been a once-off stint, the work load and wonderful experiences would still be flowing in.
The last few weeks has really since things taking shape. Concept and ideas which have only been spoken about so far, has moved to the ever tedious administrative and logistics mode. There has also been a lot of changes in terms of team structure due to budget and resource constraints.
The initial plan to have myself straddling two teams (The seminar team going to KUL and the familiarization trip team based on Singapore) has now changed. This was due to budget constraint for the seminar team and also a resource constraint for the familiarization team. However I am still expected to play the role of ‘pre-trip resource’ to the seminar team. I guess this is not uncommon anywhere, this is the beauty of multi-tasking .
Back to what I have been doing for the familiarization trip over the past weeks. I am really excited about this upcoming event that will take place from 15 Oct to 18 Oct.
I have been occupied with the customising and sending out of invite letters, collecting the RSVPs (which are all due in by next Fri). This is the scariest part at the moment as responses have not been overwhelming. As of now, we only have 4 confirmed attendees out of a total of 80 invites. This is posing quite a problem, as a lot of the planning is dependent on the response. Suc h as the booking of air tickets, accommodation, transport and even the itinerary. As we will be hosting two groups over that 3 day period, it is crucial for us to have all the details before we can plan an effective and efficient itienerary. We are only a month away from the event and well everything is in a very fluid and uncertain state at the moment. Nevertheless I am still very excited. Despite being the most junior staff in a team of four people, I have been given quite a bit of responsibility so far, in terms of monitoring responses and making sure air tickets are confirmed once a response is in and updating and recommending the best possible itinerary as the situation changes. I also went on a hotel recee with our joint partner in this event, to check out potential hotels which we would wish to host our guests in.
This is going to be a fun month ahead! Till the next time..
No comments:
Post a Comment