Hello everyone,
I m PR393 student and this is my final sem. So glad that it is!
Anyway, that is not the only exciting thing going on for me. I am currently doing my internship program for Kaplan Aspect Perth. For anyone who has not heard of it before, Kaplan Aspect is an international organization which specializes in english language education for students from all around the world.
I started my internship last week during the uni break and today is my sixth day here. All the staffs here are really helpful and friendly, especially my supervisor. They provided me with a workstation and it was really nice to have a nice little desk and a computer! I felt very welcomed and like my existance here actually meant something and not just some girl on her internship wandering around the office doing unimportant things!
The first week was really quite crazy with so many things to learn, tasks to be scheduled, people to meet, and just so many other little things that you will only realize when it comes up.
I had to prepare testimonials for the school about a couple of saudi students who were graduating on Fri and I have to say that needed so much more work than I thought it would. It was a really interesting task though! I had to search for the student, look at their timetable, contact them, interview them, take photos, type it out and then modify it to fit into the required format.
There was also a staff meeting on Tuesday, my second day, where I was required to give a brief about my purpose in Kaplan Aspect and projects or tasks that I will be undertaking throughout my internship. It was quite nervewrecking to have to give a brief to so many people that you have met just one day but in the end I got over my 'nervousness' and was able to say everything I wanted to say, plus I got a compliment from my supervisor at the end of the day. Yay! ;)
I have to say, in just one week, I have learnt so much about other countries and their cultures from students all around the world. Time passed by so quick everyday and before I knew it, I am on the bus on my way home again.
Also, I absolutely agree with the comment made by Dan, about feeling important when you are wearing your work clothes and looking at other people on the bus or on the street during lunch. Lol ;)
Overall, this is a really great experience for me so far and I m absolutely enjoying every minute of it.
Will keep you all updated :)
CY
No comments:
Post a Comment