Thursday, October 2, 2008

The end of my placement

Hi everyone, this is the final post from me. I have completed the required 20 days at the restaurant doing PR work. I must say it was a good experience for me as I was given a chance to experience how things work in the local industry.

The 20 days spent at Yhingthai was rather fruitful as I managed to get a local magazine to write an article on the restaurant. I worked with the boss to help the staff improve on their service and also on mini-crisis management such as long waiting period for the food to be served or any circumstances that might surface such as wrong orders or even if a worm is found in the vegetables. Please do not be alarmed. The restaurant has an "A" award for food hygiene from the National Environmental Agency besides, Yhingthai takes hygiene very seriously. We have also create a customer service satisfaction survey. This will help the restaurant monitor their customers' level of satisfaction with the service and food. I spent quite alot of time working with a web site designer to create a website for Yhingthai, and now, it is finally uploaded!

I must say doing PR work is not easy. However, when things are done and fulfilled, there is a very sweet feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment. I am sure most of you guys will agree with me on this. Now, I must get started on the report! I hope you guys are enjoying your work. All the best to you! =)

3 comments:

Babusha said...

Hi Victor, well i must say, it seems you have done a very good job at the restaurant. You even had a magazine publish something for you, which is excellent. I know what you mean, PR work is tough, but that satisfaction you get after completing a task is extraordinary.Well best of luck for your report and everything else.

Justin said...

Nice work mate! I finish tomorrow myself and then on to the report!!

Jude said...

Hey Vic, congrats on finally completing a splendid internship for Yhingthai. Will come by the restuarant real soon surely :)