
For today, I would like to share with you my experience with Odysseus PR in their on-going media and public relations activities.
Having Emirates as one of its main clients in its portfolio is undoubtedly a challenging opportunity for Odysseus PR and definitely I consider myself very lucky to be indulged in the communication activities of this well-known and prestigious airline company.
I was regularly asked to do media monitoring for Emirates Airline. It is a rather routine task consisting in doing some press cuttings about all the media coverage on Emirates Airline. I guess you know what I am talking about and you can even picture me in front of huge piles newspapers scrupulously hunting for articles and photographs about Emirates. Further, I was frequently involved with translating press-releases and statements of Emirates Airline Senior Vice President Salem Obaidalla before sending them to various media outlets. In fact, the current issues about Emirates were the impact of the rise in the price of fuel on the company and the Emirates Regional Awards during which Mauritius was acclaimed.
During my sojourn at Odysseus PR, I had the wonderful opportunity to organize a Press-Visit on board the Emirates Boeing 777 on first-class. This press-visit is part of a communication strategy developed by the consultancy to position Emirates Airline as one of the leading top-class airline companies serving Mauritius. It happened that Odysseus PR Director had to fly to Dubai in the very middle of the preparations for the press-visit and before his departure assigned me to a series of tasks (dissemination of press-releases to media outlets and other administrative tasks for the press-visit) which I undertook during his one week absence. The most interesting part of the job was on the day of the visit on board the Boeing. I was the one responsible for accompanying the journalists and photographers from the meeting point to the airport, where we were warmly welcomed by a very pleasant and professional Emirates hostess who was carefully trained by our consultancy in matters of dealing with the media. On board the Boeing, a nice and instructive presentation about the various highly innovative services available in the suite.
Finally, the press-visit proved to be an achievement; Emirates Airline gathered good media coverage and I was back doing media monitoring for this little visit.
Having Emirates as one of its main clients in its portfolio is undoubtedly a challenging opportunity for Odysseus PR and definitely I consider myself very lucky to be indulged in the communication activities of this well-known and prestigious airline company.
I was regularly asked to do media monitoring for Emirates Airline. It is a rather routine task consisting in doing some press cuttings about all the media coverage on Emirates Airline. I guess you know what I am talking about and you can even picture me in front of huge piles newspapers scrupulously hunting for articles and photographs about Emirates. Further, I was frequently involved with translating press-releases and statements of Emirates Airline Senior Vice President Salem Obaidalla before sending them to various media outlets. In fact, the current issues about Emirates were the impact of the rise in the price of fuel on the company and the Emirates Regional Awards during which Mauritius was acclaimed.
During my sojourn at Odysseus PR, I had the wonderful opportunity to organize a Press-Visit on board the Emirates Boeing 777 on first-class. This press-visit is part of a communication strategy developed by the consultancy to position Emirates Airline as one of the leading top-class airline companies serving Mauritius. It happened that Odysseus PR Director had to fly to Dubai in the very middle of the preparations for the press-visit and before his departure assigned me to a series of tasks (dissemination of press-releases to media outlets and other administrative tasks for the press-visit) which I undertook during his one week absence. The most interesting part of the job was on the day of the visit on board the Boeing. I was the one responsible for accompanying the journalists and photographers from the meeting point to the airport, where we were warmly welcomed by a very pleasant and professional Emirates hostess who was carefully trained by our consultancy in matters of dealing with the media. On board the Boeing, a nice and instructive presentation about the various highly innovative services available in the suite.
Finally, the press-visit proved to be an achievement; Emirates Airline gathered good media coverage and I was back doing media monitoring for this little visit.
2 comments:
Hi Hema
It is so nice to read your entry. I am sure you gained a lot from this event. You are right. Doing the media clipping seems a must for most of the PR in a company, especially yours is a consultancy. It is such a boring routine responsibility but could be a fun work. I wondered do you need to cut Emirates Airline’s competitor news as well as their promotional or advertising shown on newspaper. It is predictable that you will become more familiar with the news related to the Airline industry.
By the way, it is fun to read how you help the Press-Visit to run smoothly. Do you face any obstacle when your PR Director was away? When you accompanied the journalists and photographers to the airport, did they ask you some questions relate to the company?
I am so interested in your event and it sounds like a very good experience.
So, how is the media monitoring work going? Are you going to follow another Emirates Airline’s activity? Or you are working on another project?
Good luck and looking forward to read your next entry soon!
Regards
Zambi
Hi Hema!
I've just read your post and it seems that this press visit was very interesting! Your company has given you a lot of responsibilities by giving you the press visit to organise!
I hope and i am sure that you gained a lot of experience when preparing this event.
I didn't have this opportunity, however what i did during my internship was very interesting and brought me a lot!
I am now more confident on the working place and specially in the public relations field.
Hope that everything is doing well!
Good luck
Prisca
Post a Comment