Hello everyone,
Before I started to talk about my internship for the module PR 393, I would like to excuse myself because I just start my posting and have not done it during my 20 days of internship at the Mauritius Commercial Bank (MCB), but I promise that I kept an exact record of all interesting jobs I done during these 4 weeks and I am now going to share it with all PR 393 students.
Well, my first week at the MCB was great; I was impressed to see this business world as I have never worked before and this was my first work experience. At the MCB, the communication department is divided into 5 section mainly Media Relation office, the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Event and Logistic, Graphic Design and the Web department. I was place in the Event and logistic department, and I can say I was lucky to be place there as the employees worked in groups and exchange lots of ideas about the coming events just like when we do group work for a project.
I started the first day with an office tour, meeting the whole communication team and then my boss give me an overview of the organisation and what project they are working on. The first project is the MCB Football Academy (MCBFA) and the second big project is a campaign name “My Word, My World”. I will talk much longer on this two main project that I have been working on during my internship.
I can say I was lucky as the employee at the MCB was very nice to me; they give me a time to adapt myself.
My work during the first week
1. I was asked to do a lot media clipping especially for the MCBFA that got a big media coverage.
2. Secondly, I have write letters regarding sponsorship, sometime it was refused letters and sometime accepted letters. MCB habitually accept to sponsor event links to education, sports, poverty and all others matters is frequently been refused. Well, I was in charge to write these letters and make them sign by my boss.
3. Other, event that has come up was “The Source”, the MCB quarterly magazine. We should distribute about 15000 magazine to all directors, workers, retires and all MCB branch in Mauritius and also in foreign countries within 3 days.
I also do lots of filing that was not so excited!! However, this first week was great although I was very nervous, but I will never forget them.
Aasiya
1 comment:
Hi Aasiya, thank you for your long post. I fully understand that you are all extremely busy, especially during your placement. However, the main reason for writing the blog during your placement is not that you would otherwise forget things - it's an opportunity to reflect on what is happening as you go along and to share this experience with other students. It's also an opportunity to ask for advice and/or feedback. As you placement progressed you would have realised that your attitude and confidence were changing - these kind of things are difficult to capture retrospectively.
Anyway - I hope you've had a fantastic time at MCB, which will set you up for an exciting career in the field! I am looking forward to hear more about your experience
Katharina
Katharina
Post a Comment