Tuesday, March 31, 2009

3rd week at BBAM

Hello everyone.

I am currently halfway through my third week here, and i am loving it. We have been quite busy over the past week and i have been given a lot more work which is great.

One of our clients has noticed the 'economic crisis' with sales diminishing. The agency held a meeting to discuss what ideas and concepts we could come up with for this client. This was a good insight for me as i had not really been involved in the creative process until now. We had to find marketing ideas that would take people into the sales office of the client (as they own a land estate). We threw around ideas such as coupons, events and signage. I was told that on numerous occasions, the agency had pitched the event idea to the client but it never went any further. We decided to give them an event proposal as we thought this was a great idea to get people to the estate. I was given the task to create the event proposal, and within a day and a half, as well as other work i had on. It was only brief but i was concerned what i was creating wasn't correct, i couldn't remember any events theory from uni! I also found it difficult as we only learned how to plan events but not really construct a proposal. I completed it in time but it was only very brief. I didn't attend the client meeting when our concepts were pitched but was told they liked the events proposal. We are still waiting to here if they will go ahead with the event - lets hope so!

I also attended the Oasis Ball a few weeks ago with the team at the agency. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it is a charity ball for the Salvation Army. It is also the awards night for the Advertising and Media Industry in Perth, which was a Black Tie event so it was very formal! The ball was amazing, a great networking event for future reference!

Hope you are enjoying your placements! - Jade

No comments: