Friday, March 13, 2009

First Week. Have a Peek.

Hey guys. I hope all your work placements are going well. I just started mine at Baptistcare. Its an non-profit organization that runs quite a few seperate corporate bodies . I didn't know what to expect and frankly, I thought it'd be quite a small organization. To my delight , it wasn't!

However ( yes , there is a however), the PR and Fundraising department only has one person in it. Yvette , my supervisor is a former Curtin graduate and is an absolute joy to work with. She is so patient with my blatant idiocy at times and she takes the effort to always make sure that I understand what I'm supposed to do fully so that I dont end up wasting my time.

I work four days a week full time and this week had lots of work on updating the marketing and media file, coming up with a new layout as well as content for the website , media releases and the outline for the "National Soup Day" that we're hosting in July.

So I really had my hands full and because Facebook's blocked in the office :( , it's good that I stay busy always.

Anyways , this is my introductory blog and I hope my weeks to come will be equally great and satisfying.

2 comments:

winnie said...

I realised how important it is to always ask when in doubt and not be shy about it. It is important that we understand what we are doing and not do it blindly so as what you've mentioned, not wasting time.

Your current job scope in updating the media files, new layout/ content for website and writing media releases sounds so much similar to what I am doing as well. I was nervous with my work and didn't know how the acceptance level was but as time progress, you pick up the flow and style of the organisation and from there, things seems to flow smoothly. It's rewarding to see your work getting sent out and your suggestions taken into consideration isn't it?

Well, good luck with your releases and look forward to it being published as well! (:

Ash said...

Yeah! I read your blog and my job scope is relatively similar to yours!

I definately get nervous about voicing out my ideas in case I sound too outspoken for an intern but I realize how important it is to have a "voice" in the organisation.