Hi everyone,
My name is Ellie and this is my first entry for the blog. It's about time I got on here! I have been working/doing work experience at the Property Council since last year in the field of PR and research and thought it relevant to do my placement there.
I have recently participated in the organisation of the Future Directions Young Achiever Awards for 2010 so I thought I would blog about that today. The awards are held annually and acknowledge young achievers within the property industry. Future Directions is a Property Council committee that my supervisor runs and is for men and women 30years and under who work in property.
The awards night was a great success and was held in the Bankwest tower on Level 41. The tough part about this venue was the organisation of staging, catering and creating a nightlife 'mood' because the venue is not a club or function room on a day to day basis. We had a DJ, lights and a podium which encouraged an upperclass nightclub vibe and cocktails. There was a red carpet and photographer and I acted as 'door girl', taking coats and being the welcome party.
The Property Council hold a lot of events throughout the year. I really enjoyed working on this event and love that there is a committee that acknowledges young people within an industry full of opportunity.
1 comment:
Hey Ellie,
The event sounded like fun!
Post up pictures so that we can all see the 'nightclub' theme venue.
I bet it was rewarding to know that you've turned something conventional into the unconventional.
Good luck with your future events!
Post a Comment