This blog will be my last blog for my internship. Throughout the 20 days of my internships in Perth 2011, this company was the best place where I get to learn and gain a great of experience. However, I am going to continue be part of Perth 2011 team as a volunteer to help out the up coming which will happen pretty soon.
In Perth 2011, I also get to know different people throughout the world, especially the athletes. Besides that, I’m so happy to work in this company which I’m so comfortable with my employer (Tessa Parkinson – she is a winner in 2008 Beijing Olympic Games), and other employees of the Team Perth 2011, they are amazing and very hardworking.
Look back on those days where I’ve been working in Perth 2011, I was happy to work with Perth 2011 Team; they were fun and helpful too. In this placement, I realized some of the information and techniques which taught in both units – PR (Techniques) 220 and PR (Media) 250. For example, the format in writing media release and the technique in finding the right target media for the events.
In Perth 2011, I’ve attended two of the events and one radio show with my mentor. Two events that I’ve attended are “Heroes and Legends Luncheon” and “City of Perth Sailing Regatta ” in my previous blogs where I have posted. Furthermore, radio show that I’ve attended where I got to meet Michael Evans, Sales Manager of Schweppes Australia and Shauna McGee Kinney (Catamaran sailor and “Catsail” organizer).
Apart from that, I’ve realized that as a PR Officer has to posses some qualities like being patient, hardworking, friendly, willing to work longer hours, and most importantly is trust between you and the employer. In addition, during my internship; my boss always trusted me in updating the information to the social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, and Company Official Website).
At last, it has been so fantastic and I have met some amazing people along the way. Furthermore, today was pretty hot day make everyone feels like going to the beach and just to lie down and get some sun-bathing. But I will continue working as a volunteer in Perth 2011 and Perth International Regatta until I go back to my country – Malaysia . One thing that I will do when I left the company which is continues to build a strong relationship with the Team of Perth 2011 in the future.
Love and Thank You Perth 2011,
Lulu
2 comments:
Hi Lulu
Seems like you had fun. Your internship sounds like it was more hands on stuff and going places and meeting new people hence your statement "Best Internship ever in My Life'. Wow. But mine wasn't bad either.Good luck in your future plans.
Peace !
Hey lulu
What a great experience you've had.
Not only did you get to apply what you've learnt from your degree but you've made some great contacts and by the sounds of it some great friends too :)
It makes a big difference to your placement experience when you’re comfortable approaching your employer and you have that support. I think it makes for better learning.
I'm sure you've picked up many new skills along the way.
All the best from here on!
Post a Comment