Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The End Thursday

Hi all!

Today is my last day at TCF and I am quite relieved, not just because I get to leave the organisation, it has kind of grown on me =) But the fact that I have been actually able to complete the 20 days stipulated! I cannot believe that I am done, it has definately gone by quickly amongst all the assignments and work!

Yesterday I started up the TCF WA facebook group after getting the go ahead from the organisations president and hopefully it'll take off and provide memebers and non-members affected a forum to interact with one another.

Now when I sit back and reflect on my time at the organisation I have to admit that despite much of my whinging and dragging of feet into the office each week, TCF has actually grown on me. I have actually gotten to know some of the regular ladies that come and volunteer weekly and they are lovely, they have made some of my not so great days a little bit better. I'm glad that I have been given the opportunity to apply the skills we have learnt in classes and that I have been able to contriubte and help TCF and that they are actually grateful for it. At the end of the day we all like being recognised for our efforts and it feels good to know I've helped and made a difference somehow.

All in all I'm grateful for the placement but still glad to be done nonetheless! =D Hope all your placements have gone or are going well and good luck for exams if you have any!

- M xxx

1 comment:

Rebecca Chou said...

Congratulations on finishing your placement!

When we all look back on our placements when they are finished, it will still be fresh memories.

I have also learnt alot in my placement, and am grateful that I have chosen my organisation, The Global Good Foundation (GGF).
I was able to to put in alot of uni theories in to my placement, also I receieved alot of tips from my supervisors regarding on PR.

Good luck to you in the future!