Yesterday the big event took place in UWA, Octagon Theatre hosted by my organisation Joy Radio and it is safe to conclude the event went very smoothly. I was there from 3pm in the afternoon and helped set up the stage for the night. There are Indonesian food bazaars which I love because I haven't eaten any traditional food for a very long time though I spent quite a lot of money but no regrets, it was wonderful!
The preparations are hectic during the day as I have to run around checking up on the things needed to complete the event. I ran around buying props for the night's play hosted by my Radio. I also spread some of the leaflets and talked to many people which help boost Joy Radio's brand awareness. The leaflet contained valuable information as to when the radio is airing and the website. By the day, I realized that spreading the leaflets one by one can be done more effectively when all audience have entered the theatre, so in order not to miss anyone I decided to put the leaflets in the audience's seat in the theatre. This is a brilliant idea because every audience that enters the room will get the leaflet and will see its information.
The event went great, I managed to get an interview for each members of Project Pop who are Indonesian group band famous for its funny songs and lyrics and I got to take a lot of pictures with them which is exciting. They are very pleased to know there is an Indonesian radio operating in Perth and have taken great interest to know more of the organisation.
Here is a picture of the photographer, Renee (Joy Radio), A member of Project Pop, Me, and Josh (Joy Radio).
There are 700 seats in the theatre and more than half is occupied by the audience so it is safe to conclude that ticket sales went pretty good since the promotion is not as intense as I hoped it would be. There are other sponsors for this event which helped create the night a night full of laughter.
Asides from all the success, the event managed to start later than expected but we received no complaints from audience whatsoever so it turned out to be a great night!
I can talk all day about my Joy working with Joy Radio, and they offered me a permanent place to help out within the organisation. It's a voluntarily job and I intend to keep it because I love what I do. Anyway, this last blog is of course not the least as I have saved the best for the last! I got myself in an organisation and that makes me a step nearer to my future!
Good luck all future students, this unit has helped me a lot in this semester by expanding my expertise. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment