The end…
Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning. Winston Churchill
Today is my final day at the organisation I have worked for. It is a very funny feeling, as for me it also marks the last day of uni work as this is my very last unit.
Although completion has not quite been reached….the beast of the report is only half finished…it does feel like my uni years have come to an end and now is the time for me to hit the real world. But I am putting it off for a few years, and have decided instead to go travelling and see the world before starting my career.
The placement has proved that this, my third attempt at a degree, was the one for me. I really do feel like this is the career for me, and though I am not quite ready to be a full time worker- I am excited to finally start on the path towards it.
What have I learnt:
Planning is essential. Every possible media can be planned for, both reactive and proactive media and we should always be on the front foot.
Public relations must be practised and preached at all levels; from accounts to it to marketing. It only takes one phone call to undo millions of dollars of image creating.
Role models are amazing. I was so blessed and fortunate to have two wonderful ladies to model my own career aspirations and daily work ethic on. I am incredibly sad to be leaving, but know that I will stay in touch with these two women for the rest of my career.
No comments:
Post a Comment