Ladies and Gentlemen, as I told you before I did my training at Jazzmates Production an Event Management Company at Bangsar. During the course of my training I was assigned to diverse tasks like telemarketing, internet marketing all of which I gained an explicit experience thus building an enormous knowledge of Public Relations. My first week in the office was a bit hectic. We were planning for Think export with Google event. Truly speaking, this was such a challenging task and confusion was just lingering all around me.
I sent invitations to companies and made follow ups respectively. This never seemed to be an easy task since I was faced with an enormous work of calling companies within 8 hours on daily basis and I had to make sure that I convince them to come to the event by telling them how beneficial the event is to their companies. During this exercise, though I was briefed about telemarketing and internet marketing, but I had to work very hard when I was dealing with some few companies because I was forced to speak English in Malaysian accent since that was the only easy way for them to understand me.
Guys, in point of fact this wasnt something to joke around with because that was how I understood how important it is to localize your language. It was such a wonderful experience though because at last I managed to communicate with them smoothly and they came to the event only to realize that the person whom they have been in touch with wasn’t Malay but an African. My special credits to Mr Yakoop my PR(international) for teaching me the significance of localization!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment