In order for me to know more about BPC, i was placed in different offices including Project Office (first i was placed at this office where i got to know about the projects that are carried out by the company,and i had the opportunity to evaluate and end the CFL (Compact Florescent Lamps) Project in which the company was giving 1 Million energy saving bulbs to Batswana, it was a great project as it was a two way symmetric: the public benefited by getting free energy saving bulbs and BPC maintained a good relationship with its customers hence a good reputation too. I also had an opportunity to monitor the success of the project which was done through Telephone survey in which i was sampling intro fitted household to ensure quality checking and to know whether the public was satisfied by what BPC has done and it helped in terms of communication skills, how to communicate with customers.
Marketing and Communications Office was the second, it was more into advertising and was working closely with PR in terms of promoting and gaining acceptance of the new bulbs, their goal was more into generating sales while PR was generating good will. I learned that in BPC PR lies under Marketing & Communication as Pr is an effective part of a company's overall marketing strategy, so they joined this two in order to insure that this two are coordinated to achieve the same objective.
I also learnt how to write Electricity Outages:where you have to write a public notice to different media (mostly radio and newspapers) apologizing for the power cut off or unplanned electricity interruption that happened in a certain area of the country. This helped in terms of knowing how to work with the media.
1 comment:
Wow! So you were basically doing media monitoring and creating some good bond/relationship with BPC and the Batswana community? Well done girls. I have realised that indeed PR is very important especially when it comes to organisation-customer relations. It is was a very crucial task you were doing considering that each and every company needs to know what their clients have to say for all that the company does for them in order to know whether they are appreciated and keep going or whether they just need to do something else and also in which manner. When you talk of telephone surveys, I remember how I was anxious and nervous at the first call I had to make during my internship, well, I could not agree more with the fact that making those calls in a way betters your communication skills while you are doing what you ought to do.
As you are saying, yes, it is indeed true that “Pr is an effective part of a company's overall marketing strategy,” I myself got to learn than the PR value is higher than advertising value, which got me thinking, so PR is important for every company that has an ambition of being accepted by their community being their existing and potential clients.
Post a Comment