Hi!
I'm Meredith, blogging from Curtin Campus in Perth, WA.
I have only begun blogging today as I feel I finally have something interesting to share with everyone!
My placement began at The Global Good Foundation in West Perth. TGGF is a not-for-profit organisation which is about the education and empowerment of people affected by domestic violence, started up by Tenille Bentley, a wonderful and inspirational woman who is incredible driven. My first two days there were a steady stream of basic PR tasks; newsletters, media releases and so on.
However Tenille is also the founder of a company called Socialite Media (based in the same offices in West Perth) which is her main business, and the one that is earning her the money! Since the company is new and expanding rapidly, my assistance was needed more on this side, compared to TGGF.
So today I began training for my new position at Socialite Media! The team is made up of 5 staff members; Tenille, Aly (Business Manager), Kate (Account Manager), Izzy (Account Manager) and Brody (who is another Curtin student doing her work experience).
For those wondering, Socialite Media is a "professionally managed service that provides you with an online social media personal assistant, covering your facebook, twitter and linkedin with strategic marketing to achieve a strong online presence." http://socialitemedia.com.au/about (< I feel their website explains it better than I do!!) Already I have been bombarded with information, but am absorbing it as quickly as possible. I thought I was tech-savvy and up-to-date with the social media, but there is a lot more to learn!
The most exciting thing about this is that I have already been offered a job with Socialite Media once I graduate in June! The next few weeks will be a training and transition process so I am on the ball when it's all finished and I can easily jump straight into working! VERY exciting (and convenient to say the least!)
The most exciting thing about this is that I have already been offered a job with Socialite Media once I graduate in June! The next few weeks will be a training and transition process so I am on the ball when it's all finished and I can easily jump straight into working! VERY exciting (and convenient to say the least!)
For those wanting to see the clip about what Socialite Media do, click HERE
Speak soon :)
Meredith
No comments:
Post a Comment