Tuesday, May 17, 2011

1st post

Greetings, i am Motsei Precious Makuluba and this is my first blog post.  I am a student in Limkokwing University in Malaysia. During my summer vacation last December i was places as an intern at a small financial company called Southern Cross International Financial institute in Gaborone, Botswana. I did my internship for 8 weeks and during this time i learnt a lot.

My first week i was basically introduced to the staff and shown around the office. The first task i was to do was to update the notice board  and also to maintain the social media outreach. i was given the company password for Facebook and twitter so that i update the profiles. I was also to write memo's and distribute them around the office. Towards the end of my first week i had already been given the tasks i was to do for the next seven weeks. I thought this was a piece of cake, little did i know it all required hard work. Looking at my eight weeks with this company i would say the P.R we learn in school is different from the things are in the real world, in the industry.

1 comment:

J.King said...

Hey

What did you find that was different to what we learnt? Personally during my work experience I found that there were a few things different, like by company didnt focus so much on vision and mission statements and written plans, but they did still attempt to reach their target audiences using the same types of tactics that we learnt, like advertising, events, media releases and social media.