Sunday, May 15, 2011

Briefing Senior Staff

Last week I got to sit in on the weekly executive meeting with the General Manager and each department director. I was in the meeting to brief staff on the upcoming TV Works events I’m planning. This is only the third year we’ve run this event and it requires help and support from everyone on station.

I put together a powerpoint presentation that firstly explained what the event was about, our goals and objectives, last years success and the process involved. It took me ages to put it together but it also helped clear things up in my own mind and highlighted some things I’d forgotten about.

I think the presentation went really well. My main aim was to get support from the directors as I’d be needing help from their staff. Following the presentation they started asking questions and suggesting ways they could help which was really good! I then set up individual meetings with each department director to go through exactly what we’d need help with.

I’ve pretty pleased with how the event planning process is going so far. I’ve been lucky in that this is the third year Channel Nine has held the event so I have lots of paperwork and external contacts to help me. My next steps are to finalise all hospitality/venue bookings and start working with production on the presentation reel.

Although our reports are due next week, I’ll be continuing with this internship until the event in early August.

No comments: