Hey Guys
this is only my second blod entry even though I have already completed my placement. I worked for Trusttech Australia, a small, boutique IT Management consultancy.
The company has only eight staff members but takes on many complex projects other companies don't accept. The staff are either engineers or have degrees in IT. There are two directors, one CFO, two team leaders (one for managed services and one for projects), and a few engineers who carry out the bulk of the onsite support.
Although they have only recently began to create policies and guidelines to establish an 'official' corporate culture, I noticed during conversations with the different team members (everyone there refers to Trusttech's employees/employers as a team) that they are actually all on the same page, have similar values. The corporate culture is really strong despite the lack of official documents to implement it. Throughout my studies it's been a point of emphasis and it's value to an organisation striving for high quality became quite obvious to me.
Unfortunately for me my role in the policy making was mainly proofreading... However, I did enjoy having my suggestions listened to (I was kind of the marketing/pr expert as there was no separate marketing/pr function).
I might also just add for those looking for a placement that you don't need to be worried about going in to a company without a seperate pr function because they will just look to as the expert. I mean, this was my experience and I know it may be different but it really was great to feel valued and be able to contribute on so many different levels. I got an understanding of how all the various bits and pieces of my degree come together.
Anyway, enough for now. Hope what I have said has helped : )
Johanna Cook
Bentley
No comments:
Post a Comment