Monday, July 11, 2011

WA Training Awards Judging Day approaches

Hey again,

So it is now Day 7 and it has started to pick up with excitement. Last week I was lucky enough to go to the launch of a portal for the Peter Collier's, the Minister for Energy; Training and Workforce Development; Indigenous Affairs trip to the UK. The minister and other colleges are currently in the UK promoting the training and education systems in Western Australia to assist with the current labour shortage. The media coverage of this trip has been very impressive, features in the Guardian as well as other major newspapers have been published. It was interesting watching how people from the different government departments interacted and networked as well. Seven news was at the launch and interviewed the speeches and afterwards the minister. A video was also shown, although it looked more like a segment from the Great Escape or something it made me want to visit this amazing place called Perth... to me that isn't the reality I would much rather London to the drone of Perth!


Last week I surfed Facebook and Twitter and joined a bunch of groups and pages related to training, tradies and companies for the WA Training Awards. I liked pages such as Rio Tinto, NAIDOC week, the minister, World Plumbing Day and so on. I was tempted to like pages such as oh you are a bricklayer excuse me while i take my clothes off because the target market for many of the awards are young people and they like those types of pages but I thought i better not since we are a government department and want the awards to be branded as a serious institution. I think by joining and following a range of groups and pages the WA Training Awards will connect and interact with the people employed and whom are interested in those areas.

Today is a little bit slower than last week, i have checked the Facebook and Twitter pages and the judging day manuals as the judging day is this Friday. I have just completed an evaluation form to be sent to the guest of the dinner presentation. I asked questions such as where they are from, how they rated the evening, if they visited the social networks and any information that needed to be included in the program that wasn't.

As I said the judging day is this Friday and I'll be there bright and early at 8am. I'm excited for the judging day this year as I am more involved than last year behind the scenes but will still be helping the photographer this year. I cant wait to meet all the finalists I have read so much about.

Have a great day guys =)
Jasmin Chiellini
14275245

1 comment:

Jayde said...

I would totally love it if I saw that you liked that bricklayer page, but I know what you mean about keeping it within the image of the organisation! I have actually spent my morning doing the same thing at the Asthma Foundation of WA. A couple of weeks ago I created a social media PR plan outlining how we can increase the amount of followers the Foundation has on Facebook, and now my supervisor has me implementing the plan myself, which is incredibly exciting. It's great to see my plan being put into action, and has made me feel that all the work I am doing here is very valued and will actually be put to good use! All the best for the remainder of your work experience!