Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://http://printernship-reflections2.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections.
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Half way through!
So this is my second blog and I am half way through my placement at Detail Marketing Communications.
As i mentioned previously, I was given the opportunity to spend the day at the General Pants Co store grand opening in the city which was a great success! I mainly handled food and drinks for the VIP guests and did lots of running around for everyone. I feel like my first event experience went very well, I dont think I could have asked for a better opportunity.
Back at the office I am mainly handling CSA requests for Walk to Work Day, which has proven quite difficult in the newspaper department, although radio was quite easy. I also have spend time packing WTWD Tshirts, posters and media releases in bags for the media and sent them off.
I am thoroughly enjoying my placement so far, although I feel the next 3 weeks will be very busy and stressful as it is the last run before WTWD on the 16th of Septmeber.
I hope everyone is enjoying their placement as much as I am,
Shelbey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment