Saturday, August 6, 2011

Zaccaria Group Intern... That's Me :)

Hello fellow PR students, My name is Naz and I recently landed my internship at Zaccaria Group. I'm a couple of days in and it's been interesting... a bit boring at times... but I can see that I will learn a lot by the end of it.

Zaccaria provides many services, they offer artist management, concert management, special events, they have a non-for-profit organisation "Strike a Chord", and they also have a fashion label. I know right, it sounds like a massive organisation but NO! With a small staff of only 9 they all seem super human, juggling so many tasks and responsibilities all at once.

Due to a big business trip and the manager taking the majority of the Zaccaria workforce overseas I spent my first few days in the office with only 3 of the Zaccaria team, I was assigned to Jay Still (special events). By the way did I mention they don't have an internship program and have only ever had 1 intern in the past? The first day I felt more like a burden rather than someone there to help, I think this was because Jay wasn't used to allocating work.

The second day was definitely more hectic, I spent most of the day updating documents, answering the phone, making phone calls and preparing incoming and outgoing mail. As Zaccaria are managing the Cold Chisel concert here in Perth, I was answering calls all morning from the public complaining that they couldn't purchase tickets online. I had to inform them that they OLD OUT in less than 10 minutes, which got some not-so-happy responses.

The most exciting thing that happened was I attended a production meeting with management from the Burswood entertainment complex regarding the "Strike a Chord Ball' taking place on the 2nd of September in their grand ballroom. It's a big event, with host Megan Gale and an expected attendance of 1000.

Zaccaria is also competing against Cape Town, South Africa for an INCREDIBLE event to be hosted here in Perth. It hasn't been confirmed yet so I better not say what the event might be... but as soon as it's released to the public I'll let you know :)






Last Note: I found out the Zaccaria Group uses a social media company to manage their online social media (facebook+twitter). I think it's great to make sure the right info is constantly being communicated BUT I think it lacks a personal touch and too many posts and tweets can get annoying. What do you think???

No comments: